Volunteer for Rockinghorse
We’re looking for an office volunteer to help with various administrative duties across all aspects of the charity, providing invaluable support to our small team.
- Post Title: Office Volunteer
- Responsible to: Finance and Operations Director
- Purpose of Job: To support the operations of the charity – across admin, fundraising, marketing and project management.
- Location: Rockinghorse Children’s Charity is based in central Brighton. Our work is across Sussex.
- Contract: Part time (hours negotiable). Unpaid.
About this role
Rockinghorse Children’s Charity are seeking a volunteer to assist with various administrative duties across all aspects of the charity. You will be providing valuable support to our small team.
This role is voluntary and unpaid, although reasonable expenses will be reimbursed. Full training will be given, and this is a great way to expand your knowledge of the charity sector and develop new skills.
Duties of the role
Admin (Finance and Operations):
- Answering phone calls and responding to enquiries.
- Updating Excel spreadsheets.
- Updating our supporter database – training will be provided.
- Writing thank you cards or letters for our supporters.
- Researching new corporates and community supporters.
- Sending our race packs for our challenge supporters.
- Sourcing raffle prizes from local businesses.
- Assisting with the collection and banking of collection tins.
- Attending fundraising events if available to do so.
- Keeping the notice boards at the Royal Alex up to date with current fundraising initiatives.
- Liaising with the Royal Alex Play Team about fundraising initiatives and upcoming events.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work using your own initiative.
- Able to be a team member.
- Able to use the Microsoft Office suite.
- Keen to learn about working in an office environment.
- Commitment to Rockinghorse Children’s Charity’s purpose and work.
In this role you will learn about:
- How the charity sector operates.
- The range of skills required to ensure a charity operates effectively.
- How each function within an organisation works together.
- The role that administration and finance have within charity.
- What a fundraiser’s role within a charity involves.
- The importance of effective marketing and communications within a charity.
- How projects are developed and reported.
- Why the charity sector exists and why it had a vital role to play in supporting the local community.
- Working in an office environment.
- What it’s like to work in a team.