A gift for life
Be part of the future for the children of Sussex and make a real and lasting difference by leaving a legacy gift.
Here at Rockinghorse, we work with local healthcare services – including the Royal Alexandra Children’s Hospital and Trevor Mann Baby Unit in Brighton – to save lives and create positive experiences for babies, children, young people and their families.
We have always depended on charitable support and are incredibly grateful to individuals who consider leaving us a donation in their Will. Your legacy gift can make a difference to so many children now, and for generations to come.
October is Free Wills Month and we’ve partnered with MW Solicitors to offer our supporters a free Will*. It’s a great opportunity to make or update your Will and a chance for you to make a donation at the same time. *Suggested minimum donations for this service from MW Solicitors is £120 for a single Will and £180 for a join Will.
Did you know that the government has introduced a lower inheritance tax rate of 36% for taxpayers leaving 10% or more of their estate to charity? This could be financially beneficial to you and your family, whilst also helping Rockinghorse at the same time.
If you’re thinking of leaving a gift in your Will, there are three types that MW Solicitors will speak to you about. They include a Specific Bequest (a gift of property or an item such as an antique), a Pecuniary Bequest (a set amount of money), or a Residuary Bequest (a gift of all or part of what is left of your estate after taxes and debts are paid and all other legacies have been distributed).
Here’s an example of how your gift can make a real and lasting difference…
· £100 could pay for a toy car for young patients to drive themselves to theatre to reduce the stress and anxiety before surgery.
· £1,000 could pay for a chemotherapy chair for the Oncology department at the Royal Alexandra Children’s Hospital.
· £3,500 could pay for a jaundice monitor to provide non-invasive and instant results of jaundice in newborn babies.
· £5,000 could pay for a specialist incubator for premature babies at the Trevor Mann Baby Unit.
· £10,000 can fund a mobile ‘magic carpet’ sensory unit to engage children of all ages and abilities and provide the opportunity for interactive play in a hospital environment.
· £25,000 could pay for a sensory garden in a respite centre to benefit young people and provide the opportunity for outdoor play.
With offices throughout the South East, get in touch with MW Solicitors to find out more or to book your appointment. Call Jessica Shale on 01323 405 256 or email Jessica.Shale@mwsolicitors.co.uk.Back to news