Hours: 37 per week (full time)
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
To create and manage a comprehensive strategic and tactical plan for Rockinghorse’s corporate fundraising activity. You will manage and develop a portfolio of high value corporate partner relationships in line with the agreed fundraising strategy.
Within this role you will arrange and attend face to face meetings with corporate contacts in order to directly solicit major gifts for Rockinghorse, raising income from companies to contribute toward the fulfillment of the income budget as set by the CEO.
You will help to raise awareness of the organisation’s work within the corporate sector and the region you will be covering for this role will be across Sussex, including the charity’s core area of Brighton and Hove.
New business development –
To develop a range of tailored approaches in order to secure partnerships based on funding, sponsorship, cause related marketing, and employee involvement. You will implement donor cultivation programmes — targeting lapsed and current donors, as well as new potential partners (developing Rockinghorse corporate supporters programme).
To Develop and implement market research strategies that target companies based in the region, which subsequently exhibit an affinity for private – public sector partnerships. You will need to stay abreast of market developments such as new fundraising products, corporate trends, trusts and competitor activity. Within this role you will develop and deliver new business presentations at all levels of senior management.
You will work in collaboration with other members of the organisation in order to devise and maintain an effective mix of fundraising products and proposals, such as event and website sponsorship, employee fundraising, gifts in kind and staff secondment. You will be expected to attend many of the Sussex corporate networking events and feel confident in speaking at these events to promote the charity should the opportunity arise.
Project management –
To maintain effective and efficient account management of all relationships so that achievable partnership objectives are agreed beforehand, ensuring a range of altruistic and commercial benefits are delivered. You will plan to work to detailed schedules, and will coordinate with the activities of internal colleagues, clients and their agencies to meet financial targets and deadlines.
Financial management and administration –
To maintain accurate and up-to-date records of prospects, applications, responses and follow-ups, both on paper and using the database, to build a rolling corporate fundraising programme for the charity. You will be required to provide financial data to the Finance Manager and CEO to assist in forecasting.
Wider relationships and responsibilities –
To work collaboratively with other members of the team to identify funding opportunities and maximise income and awareness raising. You will ensure all activities comply with charity, tax and other statutory requirements.
To undertake other tasks within Rockinghorse as may be reasonably required by the CEO as well as attending Rockinghorse key events, including our annual fundraising ball etc.
Essential criteria and experience
- Previous experience of working within the Sussex charity sector
- Previous experience of working with Sussex businesses as part of your role within the charity sector
- Understanding of the Sussex corporate market
- Proven track record in fundraising or revenue generation and achieving targets
- Good negotiation skills
Skills and abilities
- Ability to plan, formulate and deliver tailored funding proposals to match donor/customer needs in accordance with priorities
- Excellent networker at all levels
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Skilled at presenting complex issues and data in a compelling and understandable way
- Ability to work towards individual financial targets
- Sound financial awareness including the ability to understand and prepare budgets
- Good research skills
- Good computer skills eg – Microsoft Office, databases
- Knowledge of the not for profit sector
- Knowledge of the geographical areas of East, West and Mid-Sussex
- Knowledge of the corporate networking groups within Sussex
- Good team player
- Analytical skills
- Effective communicator
- Driver with access to car for client meetings
To apply for the role, please email your CV along with an accompanying cover letter by Friday 24 November to the CEO; email@example.com.