Race Night for Rockinghorse
You will be aware that while horse racing in the UK has started up again, it’s still not possible to actually attend the live races. But how about organising your own race night and donating your winnings to Rockinghorse?
Organising your own race night is easy and great fun, giving you the chance to enjoy the live racing season from the safety of your home but with the enjoyment of competing with your friends and family to see who knows their long shot to their sure thing!
Over the next month there are several classic horse racing meetings taking place behind closed doors, Royal Ascot, Sandown Park, Newmarket, King George Weekend at Ascot and the Goodwood Festival. These, along with all the other races happening around the world which you can view online, means that there are lots of opportunities to organise your own event and help support Rockinghorse.
Virtual Race Night Ideas
There are lots of different ways to organise your race night, it’s entirely up to you, but here are a few suggestions to help you on your way:
- Choose your event or races – most of the UK events are being broadcast on TV or online
- Invite your friends to take part and organise a video call
- Agree an amount that each person puts into the prize pot, how the prizes will be split and how much you would donate from the winnings
- Study the odds for each race and get everyone to choose a horse
- Watch the live-streamed races at the same time
- Give winners points based on their odds (multiplying the odds by ten: so 10/1 gets 100 points)
- Add up the points at the end and see who gets the glory!
We can provide you with more ideas about how you could set up your evening here but overall, it’s about having fun. You could even dress up for the evening and enjoy some cocktails with prizes for the best dressed or best cocktail recipe!
How to Donate
Whatever you decide to do, organising a fun event to enjoy along with donating some of the winnings to Rockinghorse is a great way to spend an evening. Between you, you could decide the best way to donate, but here are some ideas:
- Donate all the winnings
- Donate a percentage of the overall pot of money
- Donate £10 if your horse loses a race or wins
- Donate an entry fee of everyone involved
- Just-giving donations throughout the evening
Other Ways to Play
If you don’t fancy organising the event yourself, many websites offer a charity race night package that you can purchase which provide the races, betting cards, odds and score sheets.
Once you have sorted your donation, all you need to do is go to our ‘Be a Rockinghorse Hero’ page on Just Giving here and make your donations using the reference ‘Race Night’.
If you are interested in organising your own event we can help! Just contact us at: email@example.com and we can give you advice and details about how to make your race night a real success!