Leave a gift in your Will
Be there for local families through a gift in your will
For over 50 years it’s been our mission at Rockinghorse to make life better for children living with illness and disability across Sussex. Through the projects we’ve funded every year since, we’ve made a difference to the lives of hundreds of thousands of local children. Thank you so much for your interest in helping this important work to go on for many years ahead.
A gift left to Rockinghorse in your will could play an important part in our ongoing mission, helping us be there for Sussex children and families for another 50 years:
- £1,000 could provide mental health support to a child and their family going through a cancer diagnosis
- £5,000 could help fund a vital piece of equipment in one of our children’s hospitals, helping to save young lives
- £10,000 could fund sensory equipment for children with disabilities, helping them to reach their highest possible potential.
- £100,000 could pay for the refurbishment of a children’s hospital ward to give ill children the best possible environment, helping to take away some of the fear, stress and anxiety
If you have room to remember a charity in your will after remembering family and loved ones, a gift left to Rockinghorse will mean that together we can make a difference to the lives of Sussex children for many generations to come.
When the time comes, your gift will be invested in the projects that will have the biggest impact for Sussex children, as identified by our amazing front line heroes at our children’s hospitals and health care settings. Thanks to donations and gifts left to us in our supporter’s wills, we fund up to 50 new projects a year touching the lives of around 47,000 Sussex children.
What kind of gift to leave
If you’re thinking of leaving a gift in your will to Rockinghorse, there are three main types of gift you can leave:
- a pecuniary gift (a set amount of money)
- a residuary gift (a gift of all or part of what is left of your estate after taxes and debts are paid and all other legacy gifts have been distributed)
- a specific gift (a gift of property or an item such as an antique or jewellery)
You can even save money on inheritance tax too, as gifts left to charity are taken from your estate before any inheritance tax is calculated. We would always recommend that you seek professional advice on your estate and that you contact a solicitor to help you draw up your will. When you meet with them you will need to provide our address and registered charity number, which is 1018759.
Make a free will* with MW Solicitors
We’ve teamed up with MW Solicitors to give Rockinghorse supporters the opportunity to make a free Will* as part of an ongoing partnership. This is a great opportunity to make or update your Will. *Suggested minimum donations are £120 for a single Will, or £180 for a joint Will (terms and conditions apply).
MW Solicitors have offices throughout the South East. For more information or to make an appointment, please call Jessica Shale on 01323 405 256 or email Jessica.Shale@mwsolicitors.co.uk.