Leave a gift in your Will
Free Will Fortnight 2022
We have partnered with local solicitors to offer a limited number of wills for free to Rockinghorse supporters between 7-18 March 2022.
Each solicitor’s office is very kindly donating ten simple wills for Rockinghorse supporters, so there are 50 in total up for grabs. The usual cost for a simple will is around £150 for a single will and £250 for a joint will.
Bookings open from the 1 February 2022 so if you would like to take part, all you need to do is follow the steps below:
Step 1: Contact your chosen solicitor directly from the list below, quoting Rockinghorse free will offer:
- Taylor Rose Brighton – Mark Stubberfield on 01273 830030 or at Sussex Innovation centre, Science Park Square, Brighton BN1 9SB
- Taylor Rose Hove – Shauna Telford on 01273 447884 or at 73 Church Road, Hove, BN3 2BB
- Taylor Rose Eastbourne – Jessica Shale on 01323 405250 or at 24 Terminus Rd, Eastbourne BN21 3LP
- ODT Solicitors – Martin Beames on 01273 956214 or at Pavillion View, 19 New Road, Brighton, BN1 1UF
- Coole Bevis LLP Solicitors – Tracey Nickisson on 01273 322808 or at 79 Church Road, Hove, BN3 2BB
Step 2: Attend your appointment to have your simple will drawn up.
Step 3: Finalise your will with the solicitor within three months of your appointment.
Step 4: Complete our Rockinghorse response form on completion of your will and return it to your solicitor, who will send it on to us to show you have taken part.
Although it is not obligatory, we hope that if you choose to take part in our free will offer you will consider leaving a gift in your will to Rockinghorse. Your gift would help us support future generations of local children and families.
We know that some people might like to make a donation in place of paying for their will. If you wish to do so, you can choose to make a suggested donation of £90 towards a single will or £150 towards a joint will, once your will is finalised. You can donate via our website quoting free will offer or by calling our office on 01273 330044.
Appointments will be face to face, although virtual appointments are available upon request at some of the solicitors.
If when you attend your appointment, the solicitor feels your will is not a simple will, you can discuss an appropriate fee with them. This fee will be the difference between drawing up a simple will and a more complicated will and will be determined by them.
Be there for local families through a gift in your will
For over 50 years it’s been our mission at Rockinghorse to make life better for children living with illness and disability across Sussex. Through the projects we’ve funded every year since, we’ve made a difference to the lives of hundreds of thousands of local children. Thank you so much for your interest in helping this important work to go on for many years ahead.
A gift left to Rockinghorse in your will could play an important part in our ongoing mission, helping us be there for Sussex children and families for another 50 years:
- £1,000 could provide mental health support to a child and their family going through a cancer diagnosis
- £5,000 could help fund a vital piece of equipment in one of our children’s hospitals, helping to save young lives
- £10,000 could fund sensory equipment for children with disabilities, helping them to reach their highest possible potential.
- £100,000 could pay for the refurbishment of a children’s hospital ward to give ill children the best possible environment, helping to take away some of the fear, stress and anxiety
If you have room to remember a charity in your will after remembering family and loved ones, a gift left to Rockinghorse will mean that together we can make a difference to the lives of Sussex children for many generations to come.
When the time comes, your gift will be invested in the projects that will have the biggest impact for Sussex children, as identified by our amazing front line heroes at our children’s hospitals and health care settings. Thanks to donations and gifts left to us in our supporter’s wills, we fund up to 50 new projects a year touching the lives of around 47,000 Sussex children.
What kind of gift to leave
If you’re thinking of leaving a gift in your will to Rockinghorse, there are three main types of gift you can leave:
- a pecuniary gift (a set amount of money)
- a residuary gift (a gift of all or part of what is left of your estate after taxes and debts are paid and all other legacy gifts have been distributed)
- a specific gift (a gift of property or an item such as an antique or jewellery)
You can even save money on inheritance tax too, as gifts left to charity are taken from your estate before any inheritance tax is calculated. We would always recommend that you seek professional advice on your estate and that you contact a solicitor to help you draw up your will. When you meet with them you will need to provide our address and registered charity number, which is 1018759.