Leave a gift in your Will
A gift for life…
Gifts left in supporters’ Wills are a special way to give to Rockinghorse and help us support sick children in Sussex.
We recommend that you contact a solicitor to draw up your Will to ensure it is valid and accurate, and you’ll need to provide your solicitor with our registered charity number which is 1018759.
The Government have introduced a lower inheritance tax rate of 36% for taxpayers leaving 10% or more of their estate to charity, which could be of financial benefit to you and your family, and also help Rockinghorse at the same time.
If you’re thinking of leaving a gift in your Will, there are three types that you can give, including a Specific Bequest (a gift of property or an item such as an antique), a Pecuniary Bequest (a set amount of money) or a Residuary Bequest (a gift of all or part of what is left of your estate after taxes and debts are paid and all other legacies have been distributed).
How your gift can make a real difference…
- £1,000 could pay for Christmas trees and presents for children in hospital.
- £5,000 could pay for a specialist incubator for premature babies.
- £10,000 could pay for a research and diagnosis unit in hospital for conditions such as asthma.
- £25,000 could pay for a sensory garden in a respite centre.
- £50,000 could pay for a sensory room in a hospital or respite centre.
- £100,000 could pay for the refurbishment of a children’s hospital ward.
For more information about leaving a gift in your Will, call Louise on 01273 330044 or email email@example.com.
Make a free will* with MW Solicitors…
We’ve teamed up with MW Solicitors to give Rockinghorse supporters the opportunity to make a free will* as part of an ongoing partnership — full details in the poster below: